Monday 30 May 2011

treasure chest

hello..hope you had a nice weekend.


i found another use for a discarded old suitcase i found. 
yesterday i was inspired to create a treasure chest, an idea for a mermaid party.


i'd already primed and painted this a while ago. i filled the inside with some white tulle , aqua fabric, present boxes and added some shells , starfish and seaglass.


it reminds me of when my kids were young..they had a big old suitcase overflowing with dress up clothes..vintage hats, clothes and fabric, a favourite place to play.  


cheryl
x
today i'm linked at between naps on the porch
                                      boogie board cottage

10 comments:

  1. I love this idea. A mermaid theme for a birthday party or summer grilling party. I like the idea of painting an old suitcase white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your treasure chest, and the suitcase painted white. Leahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! What a lovely idea for wedding decor, non?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Cheryl,
    What an adorable idea, and it looks so beautiful.
    Lovely touch for summer! and what a lovely treasure throve!

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use for the suitcase, love the way you painted it. This is a really fun way to display all your beachy treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your idea of the use of your suitcase, for displaing all your lovely Treasures !! You did a Great job putting it all together ~~~ Im your newest follower on your lovely blog now. I hope you can come over and join my Tablescapes.
    Have a Great Day ~~
    XXOO
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this vignette. I could use some of these pieces for the centerpiece I'm struggling with. I particularly like the rope-tied glass balls (and yes, I know they have a particular name, but I'll be darned if I can remember it now - sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be so absolutely perfect for a Little Mermaid party but it is also just so beautiful as a little vignette in your home! Everything is so lovely and we are so glad you shared this with us at Inspiration Friday! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun way to reuse the old suit case!! Thanks for sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party! Can't wait to see wait you share next!
    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...